| A 50th anniversary gift commemorates a milestone most married couples wish to reach. What can you possibly give a couple after 50 years of marriage? The most meaningful wedding anniversary gift is one that comes from the heart: to express your love and appreciation towards all that they mean to you, how their staying married through the thick and thin of life has influenced you, to tell about the warm and loving memories you shared with them throughout the years.|
The 50th anniversary is commemorated by gold and the flower is violet. A gift certainly doesn't have to be gold, wrap a gift in gold paper or paper decorated with violets.
50th anniversary gift ideas for the couple
• Keepsake personalized anniversary gifts, such as a photo quilt or pillow
• Monthly or quarterly lo-carb, dietetic or fruit gift baskets
• Restore their wedding photo and place in a gold frame
• Have a painting or caricature made out of their wedding photo
• As they probably don't cook for themselves as much, gift certificates to restaurants would be appreciated
• A gift of theater or concert subscription tickets. Make them a patron with VIP privileges
• The children can create a 50th anniversary keepsake journal gift. Ask family and friends to write a paragraph or two to share a memory with their parents. Or ask for a photo with the couple that the children don't have and write a caption about it
• Instead of a guest book, buy a music box and fill it with messages of love written on gold or handmade paper from family and friends
• Are they up for a cruise? Take them on a weekend or week long cruise. They probably will enjoy sharing this vacation with others
• What could help them personally? Can you lease a car for them? Pay for a kitchen or other home renovation?
• Do they golf? Pay for private lessons or a VIP membership at their favorite club. Buy 2 clubs, have them engraved and then gold plated
• What hobbies do they enjoy? Give them gift certificates for a spending spree at their favorite craft or hobby store
• Buy tickets to a favorite event and pay for their lodging and food expenses
• Do they volunteer or have a favorite charity? Contribute to their favorite organization. Find out if a plaque or some other special mention can be given in their name
The best 50th anniversary gift for the couple is one that helps them to enjoy life more. Many couples don't even want to receive gifts. Give a gift of your time and help. Make up "Gift of Time" or "Labor of Love" coupons to take them out to their favorite restaurant, make them a home-cooked meal, chauffeur them on a shopping trip, run errands for them, take them to a show or movie, have a local landscaping company take care of their property, have their home repainted. Find out what will make a difference in the quality of their life.
Your love and attention will be the most appreciated 50th anniversary gift you can give your parents or a couple. Make the time for those you love!
Copyright 2005 Renee Michaels
About the Author
Renee Michaels uses her design, writing and life skills to develop web businesses. Do you need romantic anniversary gift and celebration ideas for your husband, wife, parents or friends? Visit LoveGifts.
Americans are Turning to Traditional Gifts for Holiday Season
(ARA) - With daily lives run by cell phones, e-mails, and “personal digital assistants,” it’s no wonder Americans feel such a strong desire to reconnect with family, friends, and tradition during the holiday season. And what better way to...
Stans’ Legacy - My Fathers Impact on his 13 Children
I will always have a clear picture of his face etched in my mind. As clear as a bright spring day in Geelong, the city in south eastern Australia where may father (Stan) and mother (Elsie) raised myself and my twelve brothers and sisters. Our...
Climbing Mount Goals
Climb and Summit Mt. Goals
Are you trying to reach a goal that feels like a large mountain to climb?
Climbing a mountain is much easier than one would think. You start at the bottom, you progress towards base camp, you hit the middle of the...
How to Write a Work at Home Resume
Finding a work at home job is not easy. The field is very competitive, and it can take months to land a job. You can improve your chances by having a well-written resume.
The first thing to remember is that if you aren’t qualified for a job,...
TALK AND SOLVE PROBLEMS
Are you facing problems in your life and don’t know how to solve them?
Are you passing through a difficult time of your life and don’t know how to get out of it?
Are you in the grip of unfavorable circumstances and don’t know how to mould them...